DAY TRIP BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. All seats must be pre-booked and are sold on a first come, first served basis. Early booking is recommended to avoid disappointment. We allocate seat numbers on our excursions, which will be honoured whenever possible. However, we reserve the right to change seat numbers should circumstances deem it necessary.
2. Monies to be paid in full at least 28 days prior to departure. Seats will automatically be cancelled and are liable to be resold after this time. Payment is by cash, cheque or VISA cards. Cheques should be made payable to ‘Lodge Coaches’.
3. We will make every effort to carry out the programme and itineraries as advertised, but cannot be held responsible for any changes made by the venue. We do reserve the right to cancel any excursion or alter routes, timings or stopping places without prior notice.
4. Fares shown do not include meals, entrance fees etc. unless otherwise stated.
5. Smoking and hot food are not permitted on the coaches at any time. Please restrict the use of mobile phones to calls of an urgent nature.
6. Departure and refreshment stop times will be advised by the driver, and passengers are requested to adhere to these times in order to comply with regulations governing drivers’ hours.
7. Breakdowns and delays. The company gives its advice on journey times, but does not guarantee the completion of any journey at a specific time and will not be liable for loss or inconvenience caused by breakdown, other delay or any other cause. The company will accept no responsibility for passengers arriving late at departure points after the time stated on the ticket.
8. The company will not accept liability for any damage to or loss of property belonging to any passenger left in a vehicle. All articles of lost property recovered from a vehicle will be held at the office for a period of three months.
9. Child fares apply to all children between the ages of 3 and 12 years inclusive.
10. Continental day excursions. Passports are essential for all Continental excursions to EEC countries shown within this brochure. Citizens of non-EC countries should ensure they have the necessary visa to enter all countries visited.
11. Cancellations and refunds. If we are forced to cancel any excursion, a full refund will be made. In the event of a customer cancelling a booking, a refund less an administrative charge shall be made in accordance with the following scale:
More than 28 days’ notice
14 to 28 days’ notice
7 to 13 days’ notice
Less than 7 days
|No refund (unless we can re-sell the seat, in which case a 50% refund will be made)|
12. For any holiday booked from this brochure our ‘Holiday Brochure Terms & Conditions’ will be applied. A copy of these T’s & C’s can be obtained from Lodge Coaches upon request.
PLEASE NOTE: WE NO LONGER ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS.
Any driver or employee of Lodge Coaches can refuse to carry any passenger deemed unsuitable.
PICK UP POINTS
PICK UP POINTS
· HIGH EASTER
· GOOD EASTER
· TOWN CENTRE
· BOARDED BARNS
· MELBOURNE ESTATE
· CHIGNAL ESTATE
· NORTH MELBOURNE
· CHELMER VILLAGE
· MEADGATE ESTATE
· GREAT BADDOW
· MOULSHAM LODGE
· READERS CORNER
Please make cheques payable to: LODGE COACHES The Garage, High Easter, Chelmsford, Essex. CM1 4QR
Tel: 01245 231262
FINANCIAL FAILURE INSURANCE: In accordance with 'The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992' all passengers booking with J. W. Lodge & Sons Limited are fully protected for the initial deposit and subsequently the balance of all the monies paid to us, including repatriation if required, arising from cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of J. W. Lodge & Sons Limited.
There is no requirement for Financial Protection of day trip, and none is provided. This insurance is only valid for packages booked that DO NOT include flights.
CONSUMER AWARE: Your booking is insured by IPP Ltd and its panel or insurers. This insurance is only valid for passengers who book and pay directly with/to J. W. Lodge & Sons Limited. If you have booked and/or paid direct to a Travel Agent for a holiday with ourselves please request proof of how the booking is secured as this will not be covered by IPP Ltd in this instance.
This insurance has been arranged by Wrightsure Services Hampshire Limited with International Passenger Protection Limited and is underwritten by certain Underwriters at Lloyd's.
J.W. Lodge & Sons Limited is an appointed representative of ITC Compliance Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (their registration number is 313486) and which is permitted to advise on and arrange general insurance contracts.
© J.W. Lodge & Sons Limited 2018
VAT No. 102810523